Thursday, January 7, 2010

What a year!

Looking back, 2009 has been a crazy and wonderful year! We basically started the year off with Allie's birth. Of course, that was the most amazing day of my life. People have always told me how much a child would change my life, and how much I would love it, but I completely understand now. She is the most incredible thing, and amazes me daily. I will admit that I also can say that I am even more amazed by God. From the moment she was born, all I could think was, wow, that was created inside of me! When I hold her sleeping, I notice the small pores of her nose, the small hairs on her body, the tiny veins running through her body, and of course, the sound of her heart beat. How incredible! I love those tiny fingers and toes, and the sound of her babbling (especially now that she says mommy non-stop!) How can someone not be amazed by all of that?

Of course, I am not going to sit here and say that every day has been easy either. There have been many restless nights, and trying to get to the bottom of reflux, and other sicknesses. It is so hard to listen to your baby cry and not be able to instantly fix it. I have seen a whole new side of my husband as well. He is a better dad that I even imagined that he could be. I know he does ten times more than most dad's and I truly appreciate that. I really think that I take a lot of what he does for granted. I honestly wonder how single mom's do it. I love our little family & I look forward to 2010 and what it has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment